mardi 19 mai 2009

Texas 200

Now that I am registered, now that I have some days off in June, what do I need to take for the Texas 200:
Maps: I bought the Hook-N-Line maps F115 - Lower Laguna Madre, F116 - Upper Laguna Madre and F108 Matagorda Bay. They are waterproof, colored and will cover the area of interest, from Port Mansfield to Magnolia Beach. I am used to wide open Oceans and this looks more like Mussoulou bay in Angola.
GPS: I still need to work on what I need to buy... With map or without map! Portable anyway!
VHF: Arrrfff, it would be better to have one!
Flares: Same, same...
Anchor: Sure, I need one with a piece of chain and some rope.
Compass: My step mother offered me a deck compass. I need a hand one as well.
Binoculars: Probably won't use it much, but can be usefull.
Tent: I don't know if it rains at that time of the year in South Texas... By the way, Hurrican Season starts on June 1st!
Solar cell: I am thinking to buy a small one to charge the VHF and GPS and avoid too many batteries... we will see what I can find.
Clothes: Cotton or synthetic, I do not know, but I need to protect myself from the burning sun.
Food: for one week... simple!
Water: 1 gallon per day, I was told. That is about 25 to 30 liters.
Bags: I will need some watertight bags for the few things I want to keep dry...
Rudder: I need to find a way to attach it, because I won't steer the boat for 8 hours, without the help of a little piece of rope!
Rigging: I have a few modification and re-inforcement to make on the mast. I ordered a bit of material to Chuck, hopefully I will get that on time.
Leak: I have one very small leak in the forward compartment, probably at my bowsprit attachement point. I need to fix that as well!
There are more to think about... I f any one knows where I can find the right material for the right price, let me know...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire